If you have a concern about Jump StART’s COVID-19 safe practices, witness a breach of this code of conduct or need to report a case or close contact with a person infected with COVID-19, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s how Jump StART is supporting your health and safety and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic in our face-to-face workshops.
We can’t predict how this pandemic will continue to play out, and at Jump StART we are grateful for your support and understanding. Stay safe, be kind, wash your hands, practice good hygiene, social distance, and remember to remain connected and creative.
- Reduced the number of attendees in workshops where necessary.
- Limited the presence of staff, students and visitors before, during and after workshops.
- Ongoing, supporting our staff to ensure best hygiene and safety practice.
- Transitioned to digital resources where possible.
- Developed best practices in maintaining socially distanced drama workshops.
At all external venues where Jump StART operates workshops we have:
- Liaised with the venue to ensure they comply with government guidelines around COVID-19 safety and are able to support Jump StART’s best practice standards.
- Provided hand sanitiser and appropriate cleaning products in classrooms.
- Complied with class sizes in regards to spaces.
Our teaching and management staff will:
- Keep accurate attendance records to support contact tracing, if required.
- Ensure all students are properly briefed on social distancing and hygiene expectations. They will also actively monitor and enforce these in all sessions.
- Actively manage the number of people present in classrooms and common areas at all times.
- Take your concerns about breach of best practice and safety seriously.
We expect students to keep each other and the wider community safe by following the practices outlined below:
- Please DO NOT attend a workshop if: you are feeling unwell and experiencing any COVID 19 symptoms, however mild, you have returned from overseas in the past 14 days, or have been in close contact with a confirmed case. If so, please get a COVID-19 test and remain at home until you receive your results. It is important that you notify Jump StART if you test positive for COVID-19.
- Any student who attends a school that has been closed due to a positive COVID-19 infection or has attended a venue identified with/closed due to a positive infection case must be tested and return a negative result before they are allowed to attend a workshop. This also goes for any students who may have a sibling or family member who has attended any school or venue that has been closed down due to a positive case.
- Take care on public transport and avoid using during peak times if possible. In the event that you use public transport, please ensure that you observe social distancing and wash your hands thoroughly ASAP after travelling.
- Maintain good hygiene practices at all times – regular washing/sanitising of hands, cover coughs and sneezes, and restrain from physical contact or handshakes.
- Ensure physical distancing – maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres between yourself and other people at all times.
- Limit the people present at workshop start and finish. We ask that only ONE carer accompanies children at drop off and pick up. Please leave the premises as soon as your child’s workshop commences. Only workshop participants and staff will be allowed to enter the classroom spaces.
- Limit movement before and after workshops – do not linger in the building before or after the workshop. Maintain social distancing during break times, especially when exiting and entering rooms and do not congregate at doorways or in corridors.
- Food – we recommend that you bring your own packed food and drink. Please do not share food, drink bottles or utensils with others.